Michigan State University was established on the 12th of February, 1855. At the time, it was known as the Agricultural College of the State of Michigan.
MSU’s Laboratory Row in 1912.
When classes began in May 1857, the college consisted of three buildings, five faculty members and sixty-three male students.
Morrill Hall, known at the time as the “Women’s Building” photographed in 1912.
The college officially allowed women to study from the 1870s, but it took some time for facilities to be established for them.