The opening ceremony in 1911.
The Royal Military College, Australia’s army officer training establishment, was officially opened in Duntroon, Canberra on the 27th of June, 1911.
Governor-General, Lord Dudley presided over the ceremony. The college was built on the land surrounding the Campbell family homestead.
The college was so new at the outbreak of the First World War that the first officers had not completed their training when Australia joined the conflict in early August, 1914.