As much cover information as I can share at the moment!
The first lesson any author learns about publishing is that you’ll go weeks without hearing from anyone – and then you’ll hear from everyone at once.
It’s been a busy twenty-four hours, with a tentative title for my next book decided on (I’ll share it when I know for certain what it is), and the information for my cover designer submitted.
So, I thought I’d share a few pieces of information about the next book:
- It will be out in March 2020.
- The heroine is Elizabeth Farrer, the sister of the hero in The Landowner’s Secret (book one).
- You haven’t met the hero yet.
- The story begins in September of 1887, which is two years after the first book ended.
- There is more engagement with the Indigenous community than in book one.
I actually didn’t set out to write a trilogy. However, after I got working on the first one I realised there were other characters whose stories were unfinished. “Second Book Syndrome” is a term in the publishing world to imply the second one is the hardest. I’ll see how I go!
This photograph shows the so-called Great Procession and Women’s Demonstration that took place in Edinburgh, Scotland on the 9th of October, 1909.
Amongst the banners being carried are those calling for Votes for Women. Women in the United Kingdom were not given equal voting rights as men until 1928.
Australia was bombed in about a hundred separate air raids between 1942 and 1943 during the Second World War.