As much cover information as I can share at the moment!
The first lesson any author learns about publishing is that you’ll go weeks without hearing from anyone – and then you’ll hear from everyone at once.
It’s been a busy twenty-four hours, with a tentative title for my next book decided on (I’ll share it when I know for certain what it is), and the information for my cover designer submitted.
So, I thought I’d share a few pieces of information about the next book:
- It will be out in March 2020.
- The heroine is Elizabeth Farrer, the sister of the hero in The Landowner’s Secret (book one).
- You haven’t met the hero yet.
- The story begins in September of 1887, which is two years after the first book ended.
- There is more engagement with the Indigenous community than in book one.
I actually didn’t set out to write a trilogy. However, after I got working on the first one I realised there were other characters whose stories were unfinished. “Second Book Syndrome” is a term in the publishing world to imply the second one is the hardest. I’ll see how I go!